Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to blogging

I'm back. I miss blogging. I spend way too much time on facebook, don't you? Between frontierville an keeping up with friends, I just spend more time on social things and not the things I want to focus on!
I'm mentally struggling with a lot of things and if you have been a reader of my blog then you have read a lot of this before!
1) I could be a better mom. I love my job as a mom. I could do better. We all can. I am whining or going into some deep depression, just wish I could do more!

2) and these are in no order what so whatever. I could be serving God a lot more. I could be giving more. I want my daughter to see my giving and I want to be an example. But I am not. That has to change

3) I'm tired of being a fatty. You have heard that before. Plump, fluffy, there are many words but I am just FAT! Another example I don't want my daughter to see. I joined a gym again so lets how this goes. I know how to exercise. I know unhealthy foods. Now what to do hmmmmm.

4) Struggling with lifestyle. Keeping a clean house, getting organized, loving my pediatric nurse job

Now with that being said,
I love my life. I love my husband. I love my sweet girl who is blossoming every day and coming up with new words and new ideas. Our new funny phrase is You've got to fight for your right to Party! She is too cute!!!

So hopefully I will begin to blog again about whats in my head and hopefully some of you can hold me accountable!!

If you are reading this, come back tomorrow for a book review and a kindle giveaway by the publisher!!

Let me know that you have come by and if you have been a reader before and if you have a blog

5 comments:

~verna said...

Hey Amy,
Keith's aunt once said, we are raising children not houses. So, don't worry about the house so much. If your house goes past messy to dirty, you will need to worry. Messy is a fact of having children. As far as your job, I struggle with balance there too. Mostly, I try to do my best when I am there (PT) and not worry about it when I am not. It is good for the kids to go to daycare a bit. They need that social aspect. Hang in there kiddo. FB has taken a toll on all of our blogs. One thing I like to do is make digital scrapbook pages and post them. Some day, I hope to print my blog and those pages. The kids will enjoy that.
<3 va

Kiy said...

I have to admit, I've given up the house! Yep, it's trashed. It's 'basically' clean but it's oh-so messy. I'd rather spend time with the gal than clean. She's my little helper though. She does "all" the dusting (I touch up when she's not around), she uses her little vacuum while I have the big one out. She LOVES to do windows. But as far as messy, that's just the way my house is. Folks don't like it ... don't come over, lol!

I too have been pulled into FB (as you well know!) and yes, the games are total fun. I find I am connecting with people through the games and have met folks that way I would have never met other. That said, I really want to get back to my blog. I have soooo much to record and since I gave up (temporarily, I hope) on the baby book idea, that's where I want to record the memories. Once the kidlet is in school full-time I am hoping to get back to scrapbooking and then I will have something to jog my memory. But not if I don't get it there!

I think every mom wishes she was a better one. I do too, but I know I am giving as much as I can. We love our little gals, and as long as they know that, I think we are doing a dandy job!

Cheers,
Kiy

Jose said...

Happy to see you back here in blogland. Yes I am in FaceBook who isn't but I still rely on my blogging to carry my message accross. I post less than before but I still post. It's been a little over four years of bloggin' for me.

I don't know if you knew but I lost "mi chica" to a heart attack on December the 22nd so I am going through some life changes but my love and faith in God is taking me to the next level, what ever that may be. God doesn't want us to mesmerize our kids or to impress them, all He asks is that we do the very best we can. I have know you for a while now and I know you and your husband are doing the best you can and I can almost assure you God is happy.

By the way, how is that little bundle of joy. I now have 10 grand kids, how crazy exciting is that?

I was hitting the scales at 200 and I am short so I adusted my eating habits and I enrolled in the gym, dropped 20 lbs. and have been at 178~180 for a while. I feel good. So good luck on all your goals and know that I am rooting for you. (((hugs)))

Special K said...

Welcome back!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.