Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Friday, February 06, 2009

some more random thoughts

Impending parenthood-totally rocking my world in ways I could not imagine. I can not believe we are weeks away from meeting our daughter

The world has been scaring me lately. Not in a bad way but as a reminder not to put my hope in one man or others around the world. The only One who can give me the peace I need is my Heavenly Father and I need to constantly remind myself. I am surprise and disappointed in the behavior and decisions of Washington. Not necessarily the President, but just things I am reading and listening. Life is so precious and we really need to protect those who can not protect themselves.

Orphans- I do not like that word. When I hear how other children are living around the world, I remind myself of how blessed we are are and how we need to be giving more, even now, when money is tight. There are little children who don't have clothes, don't have clean water and sometimes only get one meal a day, if thatThey have never seen a toy. Some moms can't even breastfeed because they themselves do not have the nutrients. I don't know why this is on my heart tonight. We have it soooo good here. We forget what we have. I hope we have the opportunity to serve in some way while in China. As I read on a friends blog, we will soon have little eyes watching us and I really want her tosee us giving. I want that to be a natural part of our lives..

back to pondering

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

yes there is only One to trust and if that is what we learn to do then Thank God for the financial crisis but if we continue to turn from Him then we deserve what happens.

Full of Grace said...

I have friends whom just adopted a baby from overseas. She is 3 yrs old, and never left her crib till they adopted her (and 15 lbs because they hardly fed her enough to survive) Truly makes you remember how blessed we are, and how we take so much for granted!

Jose said...

All I know is that this is a better place thanks to people like you. You will be an awesome mom, and I am happy to hear it's getting closer and closer.