Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Suffering

Its not what you think. Im okay. But last night at small group we got into a discussion and as I think back as to how I responded, I really dont know where it came from.

We are working on a Andy Stanley series which is so relevant today and the past few weeks we have been talking finances. I'm not one for taking notes, but I am glad I did.

One of our couples talked about fear. She fears suffering. She watches people who live the faithful life and still lose their jobs, homes and experience bad things..

Here is what I told her. What I am hopeful for is that the suffering is not the end. God uses suffering for good. The suffering just plain "sucks" (excuse my language) but God does use all things for good. Sometimes other people see the good before we do, but we do have the promise that God has our best intentions for us.

I know that we hear that things will get worse before they get better. I hope that my happiness is not circumstantial but that I maintain a sense of joy

on another note, last week I was watching my favorite movie and one of the lines has been running through me head. Mandy Moores character says " Without suffering, there would be no compassion"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. i'm a fan on Andy.
2. i'm a fan of Amy.
3. way to speak out...you are right! :)

Jose said...

I concur.

Susan said...

I love that line, "w/o suffering, there would be no compassion". I don't know if it's entirely true, but I DO know that I can point to times in my life that my "suffering" made me MORE AWARE of someone else's circumstances and allowed me to reach out to THEM. Interesting discussion, Amy!

RamblingMother said...

How can we truly experience happiness if there were no suffering, we need the negative to give our happiness a measuring tool. Now joy, that is strictly from God and only in Him can we measure true joy. I wish He would hurry up and use my jobless/suffering for good, I am tired of it now!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love that line!