Amy . . .
Sunday, December 30, 2007
I'm hopefully getting over this nasty cough for the second time this winter and work Mon and Tues nights.
2008 is literally right around the corner and I hope it will be an amazing year for Michael and I. We have learned so much in this past year, that 2008 should rock! I plan on blogging much more and will use it to record my progress on my goals.
I look forward to getting to know more of you and hopefully you will get to know us a bit better.
Whats in your cd player right now or whats on your IPOD?
Saturday, December 29, 2007
OK, props to the hubby. GO visit www.valtool.blogspot.com and tell him hello and that hes awesome! Did you do it? Go ahead, I will wait.
Michael prepared an awesome breakfast and watched Lucy the basset hound so I could get some good rest..Breakfast was a yummy omelet, grits, toast and OJ!!
Should have taken a picture.....
Friday, December 28, 2007
SO Christmas came and went. Now its time to countdown until next year when I will be much more organized and we will much closer to Miss LynnMarie. I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year. I am working the Eve and Day again, because its really not a special day at all.
I really have to main resolutions this year. Lets look at them and then break them down, shall we?
1) Be a better wife
2) Be a better friend
In order to do either of these, I need to learn I can not do these alone. I have prayed that I will stay motivated as I work to improve myself. GOd created me to be the best I can be, and I am certainly not doing that right now.
Be a better wife. TO do this, I want to be healthier, I am want to lose a LOT of weight. I want to exercise and make better eating habits. Its very hard, as I have tried this several times and now I want to. I have a good friend who has asked me to start walking weekly after the first and I think that would be fun. I want to be a better listener to my husband and I want to be more organized. I think if our house was better organized we would enjoy out times together more. I want to come up with dates for each other that aren't to be expensive. I want to watch my spending better...What do you think?
Be a better friend. This means I want to get to know my friends better, catch up with old ones and make new ones. As much as I love email, I prefer a phone call or lunch with someone. I haven't had a good phone conversation with a friend in so long, I really miss it. So I am going to attempt to have one lunch or mall date with a friend a month. So, if you are out there, help me out. I will find you. I think we miss out on so much when we do not connect with our friends. I belong to a women's Bible Study and a small group at church and I really want to get to know these new friends.
and blogging friends, I have not forgotten about you. regardless if you have come to this blog by accident, or if you read our adoption blog, thank you. Send me an email at email@example.com sometime. This year will be fun at Random Thoughts. Im not sure whats ahead but its sure to be exciting.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
HOW TO CELEBRATE CHRIST'S BIRTHDAY -- from Christ
It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered anytime.
How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth just, GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santa’s and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.
Stop worrying about who is calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can & may remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching explaining who I am in relation to you & what each of our tasks were. If you have forgot that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it.
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Instead of complaining about the President, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It will be nice hearing from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
6. Did you know that some people in your town will attempt to take their own lives this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who those people are, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile. It could make the difference. Also, you might consider supporting the local Hot- Line: they talk with people like that every day.
7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word even if they aren't allowed to wish you a “Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary, especially one who takes My love & Good News to those who have never heard My name. You may already know someone like that.
9. Here's a good one. There are individuals & whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, and neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them (and I suspect you don't) buy some food & a few gifts; give them to the Marines, the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me & they will make the delivery for you.
10 Finally if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.
P.S ~ Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me & do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above & get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember I LOVE YOU
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Do I miss having family nearby this Christmas? You bet! But I also love just being with Michael and doing our own thing and boy, once LynnMarie gets home, things will change for sure. Thats going to be totally cool!
I have already gotten the guilt trip from the family that the only thing they wanted for Christmas was for me and Michael to come home. One day mom and dad, one day.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU! MAY THIS SEASON
BE A TIME OF JOY, PEACE,AND REFLECTION AS WE
CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF OUR SAVIOR! THAT
WONDERFUL, HOLY NIGHT, TRULY CHANGED THE
Sunday, December 23, 2007
1) We went to church today and once again it was awesome. We went to the theater to watch the service and although its usually pretty crowded, there were only 10 people in there. It was quite easy to find me. It was a beautiful service and I enjoyed all the speakers and singers. Nothing like God talking directly to you. He is awesome!
2) There are 2 required movies for us to watch before Christmas. A Christmas Story and Christmas vacation!! I know I know! But we have been busy and have watched other movies. Last night, Michael chose a movie called Always with Richard Dreyfuss. Have you seen it? Its old but good.
That's all I've got for now. I will be back after a short nap!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Christmas at a pediatric hospital is bittersweet. They decorate and try to make it a happy place and they do a good job. But the honest truth is there are sick kids here. Sick kids who will be here for Christmas and that makes me sad.
They showed a video of children who passed away this year and of course that brought some tears. As much as I look forward to our first Christmas with LynnMarie one day, many families will be celebrating their first Christmas without their children. Please pray specifically for Catie's family (Catie was the brain tumor patient who passed away last Jan and her mom gave birth to sweet Izzy one week later) and Aubrey (her family lost Aubrey and their precious baby Ava all in one year). These families are precious to me and I know this will be a hard season.
Oh and for happy news, Michael is about to make his 500th post! Yippee! Go and visit Valtool's Box!
Friday, December 14, 2007
Make up a word and give us its definition. am know
Okay, I am known for having my own vocabulary but then again I also use words like sugarplum ferries for bad words.. Lets see, I will have to come up with something later. I do make up songs for my dog but thats not the same.
What is currently your favorite song?
Josh Grobins O Holy Night and I dont even have the cd. Im pretty much listening to just Christmas music right now.
What’s at the top of your Christmas wish list this year?
I just want little things. I made an amazon list to help family members. HaHa. An early referral for LynnMarie would be nice.
Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life.
My dads cologne. When I was a little girl, I could always tell if Daddy was nearby.
Who is someone on television that you feel probably shouldn’t be, and why?
I agree with hubby. Oprah has helped millions of people and is very generous but some people do everything she says or what her guests say..Enough already!!!!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
2. a cd player at the age of 13
3. a china doll that broke a week later when my cousin dropped it off the top bunk
9. this thing that helps you make pot holders
11. gift certificates (gift cards were not out yet)
12. things with NKOTB on it
13. a lovely ring from my dad
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
I think tomorrow we will do the comment contest again..That was a lot of fun. Im getting ready to start a long post and then its nap time..
Thanks for the comments below, keep it coming!!!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Thanks for the prayers. I worked my first day shift in almost 6 years and I survived. I was so nervous last night that I hardly slept and now I am paying for it. We just got back from trivia and I know I will sleep well tonight. I still cant believe I signed up for an extra shift and signed up for a day shift. It wasn't that bad and all and it was nice to get to know some of the day shift nurses better. I visited with parents of some of my older patients and the time went by quickly.
Well, that was my day, how was yours?
Tell us a present you have bought already this year and for who..I love getting ideas.
Long post coming soon.......WIll be posting on adoption blog tomorrow (no news I promise just some cool stuffing going on in my head and heart)
Lets think of another Christmas question..
Tell me a memorable Christmas gift you have received!!!
Saturday, December 08, 2007
On to the Christmas thingy,
Have you ever had fruitcake?
Friday, December 07, 2007
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Spent the midafternoon with an adopting friend and her new baby Sophia. It was great fun.
Not many people commented on the last post so lets try this again. DO you have Christmas traditions at your house or did you as a child? Michael and I are always looking for new things (I shouldn't speak for Michael) and I want to hear yours!
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
The Christopher Christmas party is Sunday which means so shopping, cleaning and baking. Too fun. Friday night is our adoption support group and it is guaranteed to be awesome.
Start collecting pics of your ornaments. We will be sharing those later in the week.
Lets ask a question shall we?
Don't forget to continue the comment game below and to visit MIchaels Christmas blog simply because I said so..(HaHa)
Go visit Michaels blogand share a memory..Come on everyone has at least one memory and we want to learn from you. We cant wait to start traditions!!!!
Monday, December 03, 2007
Here's how it goes: I'll start the game off in the comments section by choosing two words or phrases, like real Christmas tree or fake Christmas tree, and which ever one you prefer you choose. You can also explain why. When you have done that you do two new words or phrases for the next commenter to choose from. Feel free to come back as often as you like. Just have fun and we will keep this going until Tuesday evening. I got this idea from Comedy Plus and had fun doing it this weekend. the blogger with the most comments from now until Wednesday morning will win the prize. Winner to be announced Wed afternoon. Comments will be added from this post and future posts until Tuesday night. This gives you until Wednesday morning to comment. In case of a tie, I will find another prize.
I'll start with question number one in the comment section.