Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas Recipes

Does anyone have any good recipes for around Christmas time? I can be cookies, desserts or anything..
FYI...Christopher Christmas thing December 10th, Sunday..Good times for all!

5 comments:

Chaotic Mom said...

I USED to be a good resource for recipes, now I find mine online: www.epicurious.com and www.allrecipes.com. Using the ratings and reading the comments on the recipes REALLY helps get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

Good luck! ;)

Anonymous said...

My mom has a great recipe for chocolate pizza if you are interested? She puts candied red and green cherries on top and gives them as gifts...PHENOMENAL. Let me know and I'll bug her for it. :)

Anonymous said...

I have one for pumpkin bread that is a big huge hit with my family and the hubby's...

its on my recipe site with a few other things..

http://www.venusspeaks.com/recipes/

Anonymous said...

This is hard to explain without a picture, but I will try. I will also preface it with the fact that my pleasantly plump body does not, in my case, mean that I'm a good cook:

Reindeer Cookies:
One package of slice and bake peanut butter cookie dough

One bag of mini-pretzel twists

Assorted red, brown, blue, and green M&M's.

Slice the peanut butter cookies and lay them on a baking sheet.

Pinch them in the middle almost in half (they will look kind of like a figure 8)

Put one mini pretzel on each side of the top half for antlers

Put two brown, blue, or green M&M's on the top for eyes.

Put one red or brown M&M on the bottom half for a nose.

Bake as directed on cookie package.

They're not gourmet, but my family doesn't think it's Christmas unless we have some. I think my Dad loves them more than the kids do.

Anonymous said...

ooh, if you're into pumpkin for christmas too, i made a "pumpkin gooey" that even my sister (who hates pumpkin) loved. i got it off of the food network. here's the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_20677,00.html?rsrc=search

yum!! glad the music started working! it's a christmas miracle!