Blogging is a complicating thing sometimes. I blogged at first just to get some stuff out of my head and now its a hobby. I do want people to get to know me, but I also do not want to be too personal. I think I have done a good job. One of my weaknesses is that I care way too much about what people think. In fact I worry so much that it makes most situations worse, guaranteed. If I think someone has offended someone I personally try to fix regardless if someone is actually offended. I dont think its a control thing but it might be. I appreciate all of you who read this and as much as I used to do anything for comments, I am much more relaxed. i appreciate those who have said I am cheerful, positive and very nice. Thank you. I wish I was like that all the time.
I have some weaknesses including
-having a hard time losing weight
-sticking my foot in my mouth
-not giving 100%
-worried that I will disappoint someone
I am working on some of those but I need to try harder.
There are a few things in my life that I am sure of.
1)I have a God who loves me unconditionally, no matter what I do. This makes me feel so happy inside.
2)One day I will die. There is nothing I can do to change this. Mind you, I do not focus on this but its a fact
3)I am married to a wonderful man who sometimes is misunderstood. I am so glad he chose me to marry and we have so much fun together. I am blessed and look forward to working on making our marriage better.
ON that last note, I just finished a book by Karen Kingsbury who is one of my favorite authors. She has written the greatest series and if you are looking for wonderful gift for a family member or friend, check any of her books out. Anyway, in this one book she talked about love.
These are 10 secrets to happy marriage found in Forever by Karen Kingbury
1. God has you here to serve on another. Love acted out is serving
2. Women need respect and nurturing. love your wife so she knows you'd lay your life down for her. Continue to date her and admire her. Share a hobby-find something you can do to have fun together
4.Be patient. Love crumbles quickly under the weight of unmet expectations
5. Spend more time trying to fix yourself than your spouse.
6. Keep short accounts. The Bible says, "'Do not let the sun go down while you are angry." Make it a habit to forgive.
7. Determine up front that divorce is not an option/
8. Learn about love languages. Not all people show love or receive it the same way. You want a back rub and your spouse wants a clean kitchen. The love languages are fairly simple: acts of service, time, physical touch, gifts and words of affirmation. Learn them. Love is better received when its in the language that person speaks.
9.Words of affirmation are a love language for all men.
10. Men are born to be leaders. He can not lead unless she gives him the confidence to do so. If you love your husband, build him up. Confident men do not seek love outside the home
How true are these? I have not read the book The Five Love Lanugages but I definitely want to.
Amy . . .
What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising