1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Started the adoption process, had a 5th anniversary
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions,
and will you make more for next year?
-yes, I gave up Chik Fil A lemonade, and baked potatoes..woohoo
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-there are always new babies..Rebekah, Mindy, one of Michaels friends, perhaps more.Will update tomorrow
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A special patient passed away before Christmas
5. What countries did you visit?
None but went to Key West and Grand Caymen via a cruise
6. What would you like to have in 2007
that you lacked in 2006?
new laptop for Michael and better eating habits ..more time
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched
upon your memory, and why?
- nephews first birthdays, friends wedding in Tn, deciding to adopt . Why? Adoption will be a life changing event. Watching our friends exchange vows and seeing old friends was just wonderful and needed.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
working on the house and starting the adoption process
9. What was your biggest failure?
-honestly, budgeting, eating habits
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
nope..not that I remember . Now that I I think about . 3 nights ago after getting barfed on and poopyed on, I ran to get cleaned up and took a fall. You didnt see me so I can tell you this., My left knee is the proof
11. What was the best thing you bought?
we spent money on the house at the beginning of the year . I will have to talk to Michael about this..Hopefully he will fill this out as well.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
-not sure.. My hubby has been a wonderful, romantic dude
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I am not sure I want to answer that. There has been one staff member who says things that I am offended by but that's all .Plus there are a few celebrities that have shocked me
14. Where did most of your money go?
- I'm not sure. Hubby can tell me..Adoption expenses
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The entire adoption process also this whole blogging thing..its pretty addictive.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
- Had a Bad Day..I hate that song..its so overplayed . The Frey's How to Save a Life as it was used for the Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta telethon and another song that I cant remember that was really played on Star94 a lot. Illl come back to that
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
c) richer or poorer? neither
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Saved more money, spend quality time with hubby
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Spending money and watching tv..i love blogging but geesh if I walked as much as typed, i would not have a weight problem
20. How did you spend Christmas?
- Michael's family
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
been in love since 2000
23. What was your favorite TV program?
- usually ER or American Idol
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t
hate this time last year?
I don't think I hate anyone
25. What was the best book you read?
Karen Kingsbury Firstborn Series
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
I'm tired of wanting things. I had a Christmas list, and it was taken care of
28. What did you want and not get?
I would have liked to have been logged into China but realistically there was not time
I don't think I saw many..2005 has The Chronicles of Narnia and I loved that
30. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
31 and I was in Florida with Michael
31. What one thing would have made your year
immeasurably more satisfying?
- to be self disciplined
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
32. What kept you sane?
Friends family and heavenly father
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-Nick Lachey..sorry I'm on team Nick
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
- Nothing. I am completely politically ignorant and if I write something here, I will get it wrong
36. Who did you miss?
my family and friends
37. Who was the best new person you met?
new friends at work
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
2006 was my self awareness year. I cant tell you how much i learned about myself..I'm shocked
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Not sure if I can name any lyrics that some up my year but here are the lyrics to my favorite song of 2006. Its just an awesome worship song and just great to sing anywhere
Chris Tomlin Song:
How great is our god Album:
Arriving [" Arriving " CD] The splendor of a King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice All the earth rejoice He wraps himself in Light,
and darkness tries to hide And trembles at His voice Trembles at His voice
How great is our God, sing with me How great is our God, and all will see How great, how great is our God
Age to age He stands And time is in His hands Beginning and the end Beginning and the end
The Godhead Three in One Father Spirit Son The Lion and the Lamb The Lion and the Lamb Name above all names
Worthy of our praise My heart will sing How great is our God How great is our God, sing with me How great is our God, and all will see How great, how great is our God
Amy . . .
What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising