Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Wednesday was busy

Wed. started early as I left for women's Bible Study, followed by weigh in, lunch with friend, getting hair done, trip to thrift store and then trivia with husband. I managed to do a load of laundry and loaded the dishwasher as well!!! Missed Lucy at the same time as she liked to help!

Let's back up shall we? Went to Biblionse Study and reviewed Lamentations and then watched our preview video of Ezekiel. As we reviewed Lamentations, I can not help but wonder if our country will ever turn towards God or continue to ignore Him! I am worried about our country and the world of sin we live in (a whole other post). One of our new ladies (whose husband needs prayer) is worried and asked us how many of us are standing up to things we know are wrong or are we a part of it and she had me thinking? Then we had an exercise and we each wrote our "lament" on a post card and I had an interesting time doing this. Love my girls!

Then I headed to weight watchers where I hoped to have lost .2 pounds but actually lost 2.2 pounds bringing my lost to 27 pounds. Its really a small amount compared to what I have to lose but it does sound like a lot, doesn't it? I came back with goodies like a 25 pound charm and magnet and another 16 weigh in charm!!! Yeah and then I had lunch with my friend Donna and it made celebrating even sweeter. I am really enjoying my lunches with here! Shout out to Donna!

SO then I went directly to get some more color on my hair and a trim. I'm still afraid to try anything to new plus we are having pics made for the church directory next week and I didn't want to mess that up. Then I came home and started laundry and spent time with Michael before heading out. I went to the gym last night and then the thrift store. I am so close to the next size and I am not going to spend a lot of money on clothes I hope I will not be in long. After getting 3 sweaters and 2 pairs of jeans for 14 dollars we came home and headed to trivia which is a non WW meal and so good last night plus we get to spend time with our friend Charlie.

Now its Thursday. I have been to the gym and had a 4 point breakfast with a banana and an egg sandwich with 1/2 cup of egg beaters, 2 slices of Natures own bread, and a slice of Fat free cheese!

For those who are reading from the weight loss challenge or anyone interested, I found a cool weight loss blog over here

2 last things. Still looking for new blog titles but am leaning strongly towards one. Also, if anyone knows someone who does blogs for a very reasonable price let me know!!!

Michael has raised over 100 dollars towards his Juvenile Diabetes walk. We need 35 more people to donate 5 dollars before October 17th. This can be done. If you would like to contribute, please head over here!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Good morning Amy. Hey, I went to donate to Michael's diabetes walk and got all the way through, but then after hitting continue or enter or submit...whatever...it didn't seem to go through. I don't know if my donation is on there now. Is there any way you can tell me if it went through or not?

Thanks!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

I love shopping thrift stores.

Christy said...

Awesome on the loss!! Every little bit is GREAT!!!

Bella's Mommy said...

Great job on the weight loss-keep up the good work. I joined weight watchers a couple of weeks ago. So far I think I am doing ok. We will see come Monday. Have a great weekend.