Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Friday, October 19, 2007

Photo Hunt- practical


Ok, this is stretching it. This is from Colonial Williamsburg. This is an example of one of their meals. I think they used lots of practical things back then.

Don't forget to answer the question below if you feel like it

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Practicality was pretty much a requirement in colonial Virginia. If you ever have a chance, take a look at a will from that period of time. Much of what was inherited was items of a practical nature.

Anonymous said...

Very nice photo! I love photos from places I haven't visited.

Anonymous said...

nice shot and very practical one.happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

great take on this meme, thanks for sharing that.happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

They were definitely more practical in those days.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great photo from Williamsburg. They certainly had to be very practical back them. Nice choice for the Hunt this week!

My practical photos.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Love the shot, and yes - these people were practical too.

Anonymous said...

very nice photo! I love it! have a great week-end and stop by my blog for a visit and say hello!

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous photo. I want one of those in my kitchen :) Great job this week, Amy.

Susan said...

That's a great photo...and I agree.

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Not only is the meal practical, but the kitchen is too. Nice photo for the hunt :)

Lisa said...

This is actually a good interpretation of the theme! It was all about practicality back then! Do stop by my site for a look! :)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

They were very practical in those days.
Photo Hunters

on the Rock said...

That's a beautiful photo:)

Anonymous said...

sometimes practical is a good thing - eating way too much on vacation is not practical - thanks for welcome home too!

Yoli said...

Nice photos, thanks for sharing.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Practical was all they really were then. We have too many modern materialistic things now!! I think that was why this word was harder!!

Sandy

Baba said...

Amy I like your choice for practical.I would be skinny today if I had to cook like they did back then!!!Glad you are getting rested up after working so hard.. Baba