Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Anonymous post

Ok, this is the first time I have gotten a comment like this. Usually I would not even post it or give it some attention but I wanted to share it.

The comment was " Why even bother blogging if you aren't going to be honest" This comment didn't really match with the post, but anyone is free to comment whatever they want. Now I am not sure what this person meant but i am thinking she or he thinks I may be a bit too positive.

Want some honesty about me? Here ya go!


I am not perfect, nor do I want to me. I hope that I honestly admit my mistakes.

I have secrets. Okay, I have really not done anything illegal, but there are things that I have done that I really do not want to admit.

I gossip. at work. A LOT

I am having a hard time loving or even liking a coworker due to a personal decision. Her decision has impacted the workplace, and I am judging. I do not want to.

Do I cuss? I have said a few swear words, sorry

Do I drink alcohol? Yes i have had some alcohol.

Have I questioned God? Have I doubted God? I have questioned God, but I have not doubted Him. I have learned through others experiences that God can bring sunshine through the darkest moments. It may take a lot of time, but He does. His mercies are new every day!

Whats our marriage like? Oh we have our problems. We bicker over the dumbest things and most of that is my fault but I love my husband so much and grateful that God brought him to me. We do have a lot of fun together.

What you don't know about me is are my insecurities. I have a lot of them. A lot of them have had effects on personal paranoid.

I do not like people to be mad at me. I will do anything to make things "right" and when that is out of my control, I feel horrible.

I hate to be late. really. Its beyond bad. I get really really upset when we run late.

I like to eat, heck, that's why I am on Weight Watchers.

I wish I had better control of spending.

I stink of driving in big cities.

My sarcasm offends some people

I can be judgemental. I do not want to be, but it happens.

I am Christian and I am a hypocrite. Sometimes you will read things on my blog that are my honest heart felt thoughts and sometimes they may not be nice. If you do not like my honesty, you do not have to read my blog. My blog is my therapy. I liked what Steven wrote one time, that he was trying to get comfortable in his own skin. I am learning to love the Amy God created and am trying to glorify Him with my words and actions. I will always struggle with this. You will never hear me say, I have got it together but I will always strive for it.

I will never comprehend God's love for me. Nor do I want to. What a gift!

So, dear anonymous, I hope this was a bit more honest. I want to be more like blogging Amy. I am not here to make everyone happy, although I want that and I have realized that no matter how hard I try, there will be people who do not like me. Thats okay. I am learning to love unconditionally

8 comments:

Jose said...

There's a saying in Spanish "No soy monedita de oro, pa caerle bien a todos" roguhly translated it means that you are not a gold coing threfore not every one will like you. If you were perfect I would be afraid, just know that I like you just the way you are.
Thanks for being such a possitive blog friend.

RamblingMother said...

Don't you love the anon comments. I get my share but the ones that hurt my feelings most are ones from those I thought were friends. Oh well, like jose said not everyone will like you.

Mercy's Maid said...

It's funny that comments like that are always posted ANONYMOUSLY. You'd think that if someone had something to say about honesty,they would be public in their comment,but that's just my opinion.

For the record, your posts seem very "real" to me.

Betty said...

I love this post and your honesty! I glad I found your blog through a comment on someone else´s....
Can I add you to my blogroll?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I understand the anonymous blogger's comment myself, but it doesn't really matter. God knows your heart and he knows we are all imperfect. People will do and say hurtful things and life will have its share of tribulations that as a Christian you have to expect. Don't put yourself down - God doesn't! When you get a chance, read John 16:33 and 2 Corinthians 4:16. Be blessed and continue to do what you do to encourage others, just don't forget yourself!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i think anyone who post anon is just plain silly ... they need to go find another avenue to be mean, unkind, and just plain rude ...

i like who you are faults and all ... i don't think any of us claim to be perfect ... i am pretty sure the blog title is AMY'S RANDOM THOUGHT ... not how can i make you happy ...

love ya girl !!!! just finished "Somewhere in the Clouds" ... sequel to "A Thousand Tomorrows" ... both were FABULOUS !!!

Anonymous said...

You are awesome!

Susan said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry this happened to you! And I have been a very sporadic visitor lately...so I missed it. It's hard to be brutally honest. But the truth is we ALL have warts and stuff...and anyone who posts anonymously...well I wouldn't give that a second thought. OK, truth is, it would make me upset and mad.

:-) Susan