I am sunburned and tired. Michael and I had a busy day and he summarized the day over that the adoption blog.
I had a good day. We met some really cool neighbors, Lucy spent time outside, and now our garage looks worse than it did before the sale.
Here are the interesting facts about our sale
1) Michael finished up bringing things down from the attic that the previous owner left..Honestly most of it was crap but there was one special box that had some pretties and other things that we sold.
2)Michael sold 2 florida license plates... We don't want to know the reason, we just wanted the money
3) One neighbors aunt recently died. The aunt taught literature at my college, Union Univ
4) Michael found a yearbook in the attic that did not belong to the previous owner. The year book was from the 1975 class of Columbine High School in Littleton, Colarado.
5) Sweet little ladies try to rip you off. Perhaps they are looking for a good deal, but that's not what it felt like...even the one that look like Paula Dean
6) Garage sales are like trick or treating for for grown ups. Everyone had a bag of stuff and wanted a handout of some kind..I think that's kind of sweet. At least I have something to look forward to.
Our neighbors have 3 kids living with them. Josh is the middle child is 10-11 years old. I always say hi to him and he always smiles but never says hi. Today he was very friendly..from noon on, he kept coming over and saying hi, just walking around. His mom had already visited during the day. He kept looking and I kept asking if he was ok..Around 1 or 130 he came by looking at things and asking how much things were. he looked at our movies and then some stuffed animals. I told him to take them home for his little sister for free. He never did. He asked about the George Forman grill, I gave him a price and asked him to ask his mom before he bought anything. He just kept walking around and not going home.
I went ahead and asked him"Josh are you ok? Are you afraid to go home? He asked me to clarify and he said no...
I started taking things down at 3pm and he wouldn't leave, just kept walking around. A gentleman asked me how much our book stand was and I gave him a price. Then Josh said to me" Can I have the money that man gives you for the bookshelf?" I asked him why and told him nicely no and asked him what was up?? He then went home.
I am concerned because that was just odd. Michael and I are definitely locking our doors. What would you do? Should I go talk to his mom about the question or just leave it alone??
Thanks guys and thanks for the prayers!
Amy . . .
What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising