Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

music, weight watchers, free book ahead

So yesterday was Memorial Day and we both had the day off and it was just us the two of us. It was nice to take a nice walk and just relax!
Michael learned something new about me. Years ago when I was just a wee child I would lock my door and I would sing my heart out in my bedroom. I really thought I could sing and I would imagine those singers singing along with me. Do not laugh. In 6th grade I remember thinking, " When I get older, I need to remember that I started singing in 6th grade..I would not just sing, I would sing quite loudly!! Last night, Michael got on Youtube and would play some videos and I would guess the name and title of the song. I actually knew most of the words. It was a really fun game! I loved the ballads of Tiffany, Breathe, Glen Mederos, Kenny Loggins and any other cheesy artist from the 80s and 90s. I know some of you sang just like I did. What were some of your favorite songs to sing?
Weight watchers. Im back on track and I will weigh again tomorrow. So far so good. Finding some yummy new recipes and Thursday we are going to have crockpot chicken fajitas. That sounds yummy. My new favorite food is FF 100 cal tapoioca pudding. Yummy!! Im also loving Special K Vanilla Crunch cereal. I also have to say that our walk yesterday was a lot of fun and I can not wait to do it again!!! Let us know if you would like to go with us and maybe doa picnic. Lucy had fun as well!Its time to get more active!!!!
Weight Watcher friends, do you guys have any new foods that you are just loving????
On another note, tomorrow there is a book tour stopping by and they gave me an extra book to give away. So stop by and leave a comment. This book is definitely a guys and girls book. Hope you remember to stop by tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Special K said...

Glad you're back on course with WW! I'm partial to Special K Red Berries or Chocolate myself!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

That's totally fun that you and Michael were playing the guess the song game. My Michael and I do that all the time on the radio. He is usually right too, I love that about him!

Way to go getting back on WW. It is so hard to stick to a plan, but it sure feels good when you start to see the pounds coming off. It's amazing how much better you feel too. Personally my back, hips and knees pay the highest price when I gain weight. I hope it goes well for you in the coming weeks!

The Chapman's are still in my prayers too. I'm not sure what it is, probably because his music has played such an important part in my Christian walk, but I have just been distraught since finding out. It's just heartbreaking.

I hope your week goes well!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I used to sing anything by Air Supply, Journey, REO Speedwagon etc. Who am I trying to kid, I still crank the radio and sing along very loudly when I hear any of those 80's songs!

Suz said...

I am glad to hear you are hanging in there on WW - I am stuck - halfway there and I am totally stuck! My favorite is the pudding/cool-whip pie, maybe that will hit the spot! Need to go exercise! Ha!
Suz