Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Friday, May 23, 2008

more random thoughts

I had no interest in blogging today but I am full of emotions and figured I might feel better if I just type and then I can always erase.

A heart is a wonderful thing. I am thankful for every emotion I have experienced. The Chapman family is still on my heart, and its a pretty heavy heart tonight. I am praying for this family during a time I can not imagine. I pray that every member finds peace tonight and tomorrow and the rest of their life. Certainly Maria's life touched millions. I am still not sure why it is still physically hurting my heart tonight, as I do not know this family.

Someone very very close to me had a very big change of heart and hearing those words made me tear up. It was a cool moment.

We have a new nephew as of this week and new life is awesome.

I started a mentoring program on the floor today and had a very successful luncheon.

I spent time with a new family last night. They had a 3 day old and just experiencing this family made me smile. There is something about holding a newborn baby. The way they feel, the way they smell, the way they move, the way they sound. Its just peaceful. I really enjoyed my time holding this precious life while mom and dad got some rest. I love my job!!!!!

I have dreamed. I have hoped. I have prayed. I have cried. I have ached. I have wondered. I have prayed some more. God and I have been having some cool conversations lately. He has been whispering pretty loudly and I do not want to miss anything.

I am serious about loving these emotions, even the ones that bring a heavy heart and tears. God is an amazing God and if you do know Him, I pray He leads you to Him. I am amazed at how my life has changed in the past years and how I see things now. God can bring joy out of sorrow. He can teach us things during times that seem hopeless. Sometimes God uses us to help others and sometimes, we experience pain but I know my God is faithful and true. Its very hard to "Let go and Let God" but it something I have to learn. I can not control things. It sometimes seems easier to do so, but I know the outcome is always better when I give it to God!



3 comments:

Cristy said...

My heart is overwhelmed with grief for the Chapmans as well..... I look at my boys, and can't imagine how they would get through it, i look at my girls and can't imagine the loss...

Thanks for sharing openly your thoughts!

I

Football and Fried Rice said...

Amy,

My heart has been hurting all week as well - for the Chapmans and for friends who lost their toddler the same day, the same way. Have you heard the song "Small Enough" by Nichole Nordeman? - it is so amazing and is a beautiful prayer that I cry out today.

Hugs,

Sara

Anonymous said...

So sad - we`re not meant to outlive our children - cant imaine how they are coping