Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the one where Amy confesses



I have not gone to a Weight Watchers meeting since the end of June. I went today and I am glad I went and will continue to get back on track.


I did gain, A LOT! Like 11 pounds in 10 weeks! I would say what the heck but I knew what I was eating so its all my fault. There you have it. I confessed.

Now that thats over with, whats your favorite healthy foods to eat? Do you have a favorite low fat recipe?

and check out the cool Wordless Wed pic at hubbys blog at www.valtool.blogspot.com

His mom has cool neighbors!

11 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Girl, I hear ya on the WW thing! I keep losing and gaining the same 3 darn pounds. WHY!? I just can't get it together.... I need some serious intervention or something.

Anonymous said...

I found you through your husband's WW post -- you BOTH have great websites!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I have a bunch of recipes I could email you. Rick and I are on a diet and have each lost about 20 pounds. What types of foods do you like? Email me at macy@isiprint.com

Macy

Donna said...

Glad you are continuing with WW. This too is truly a journey kinda similar to adoptions. You have to learn to enjoy the journey just as much as the destination ;)

PS-I still know it is tough though-for BOTH

Football and Fried Rice said...

Welcome back to the journey of eating right & feeling BETTER for it. You know that China is going to call anytime and I know you want to be ready!!

i LOVe the Hungry GIrl cookbook - loads of yummy things for girls that like to eat! (like me!)

Rebecca said...

Way to go for getting back on track!! One of my favorite healthy things to eat is steamed broccoli! I also love pretty much all fruits, especially berries, which are great for snacking, especially when I have a sweet tooth!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I don't really watch what I eat but should because I am about 40 lbs overweight. I just like food waaaaaay too much! We really do like veggies tho but don't eat near enough of them in the winter.

Laura said...

We love a stir fry! It is a great way to get lots of veggies in at once!!

Suz said...

What a great step to go back! I gained a ton over the summer and pretending that I didn't. I love WW and need to follow your example. I have to say we (even my super-skinny hubby) LOVE hummus! We just tried Lemon-Cilantro one from Fresh & Easy, and it was so good. With pretzels or carrots, it's my snacking downfall. Keep up the good work!
suz

Anonymous said...

Here's a good website with good WW recipes. There's not a new one everyday, but it's a good place to start.

http://www.laaloosh.com/

we can all relate to these struggles. You can do it!

BITR Country Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm with Sara the Hungry Girl cookbook is a good buy. It's a collection of recipes that are good for you and each recipe includes how many WW points it's worth...That's what I read about it anyway...My mom has one gonna try and snatch it from her for a while. :)