Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Saturday, August 09, 2008

weekend at work

Happy, sad. Such emotions occur all the time in my career. This weekend, a patient we have had for months learned not only had her brain tumor not decreased in size, but had indeed grown after a lot of therapy. Her family has to make a decision. That is never, ever a good line to read when you talk about cancer. Another patient on the floor is not done fighting although his treatment has not worked either. I can not imagine. I do not want to imagine. I pray for peace, wisdom, and comfort. I pray for the families, the patients and the nurses and doctors who try so hard not to get close to these patients and know that this is impossible. I pray for the brand new nurses who are wondering what they are getting into.

Happiness. Patients whose brain tumors are benign and will not need any more treatment.

I have a job like anyone else. I just tend to bring mine home with me all the time.

For those of you who had read my blog over the last couple of years, you may have remembered me talking about Catie who passed away at the age of 4. I have kept in touch with her mom and she is expecting again. Her mom is a teacher and decided to go back to school and this year she was placed in the school and the classroom that Catie went to her

No comments: