Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Monday, August 18, 2008

to blog or not to blog that is the question

Well, we are back. Had a nice time. Visited family and friends, met some new ones and ready to get back in the game. Michael took some great shots.

What did we do? Went to Jungle Adventures, spent to much money but did see some animals.

WE had BBQ 2 times.

We had Tijuana Flats 2 times

Amy went swimming once.

Visited grandparents.

Visited parents

Amy got to put Owen and Seth to bed and read some books and said our prayers.

Visited with Janie,Seth, Owen, Rachel, Jenny, Basil, Cameron and J Mei. Kids rock

Went to Frosty King for Ice Cream

Michael found a penguin game on yahoo (courtesy of nephew Seth) and he beat it.

Family can be stressful at times but I would not trade them for anything in the world. Even with bickering, they love me and Michael unconditionally. I am spoiled. I would love to live near family but I do not want to move to Florida. Its a great place to visit though.

Home and family. Comfort. These are all great things.

One more thing that's been on my mind. A while ago, I read a blog about why even bother praying if God already knows everything. So here is my take on that. You know when you talk to a preschooler or kindergartner and you ask them what they did or how there day went. Most of the time, you already know. But, you desire that communication with them. It truly brings me joy to have a real conversation with a child. Don't you think God deserves the same? And that is why I talk to my Heavenly Father!

7 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Glad you both had a nice time!

Jose said...

Why even bother praying if God already knows everything.

Because while he is the allmighty and does know everything, praying to him is for our sake as we know nothing. I pray for his guidance.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amen sister ... pray doesn't change God it changes us !!!

so glad you are back and a good time! did you read any while you were away? I am in a rut ... need a book ...

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Sounds like a great vacation. So glad to hear you had a nice visit with your family....those are some of the best moments in life.

I would like to visit Florida sometime.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great vacation! Family times are the best!

Heather said...

Welcome back! I love the new look to your blog! I can see the things that are so close to your heart.

Unknown said...

you guys are so good to me!