Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Friday, April 18, 2008

weight loss, blah blah blah

Morning friends!

Worked last night for 4 hours and its the first time I was in a really bad mood at work. Ouch I was just irritable. I think I was just tired, but it was an easy shift, and I got out on time. It was also the first time I have actually noticed I have lost weight. The scrubs are quit loose now. That felt good. Dinner was Trader Joe's Shrimp Stir fry and its yummy. Only 175 calories for the whole bag and when I got home I had a weight watchers cheesecake!!!

This morning, I woke up and had my 2 waffles with low cal syrup and headed to the gym and then did a few garage sales. That's always fun but it seemed like there were smokers everywhere. My parents smoke and it usually does not bother me, but today it did.

Not sure what lunch and dinner will be, but Monday is my last weigh in before the cruise. Peaked at the scale last night and it rocked..Lets hope it stays that way until Monday!!!

What going on with you? What are you having for dinner?

Another question, a lot of people give themselves goals and rewards during weight loss. Im close to my 20 pound goal, but do you have any suggestions on goals and rewards? I think I will start with
25 pounds =?

35= ?
50 =?

7 comments:

Jose said...

Both my mom and my wife are excellent cooks. They spoil me rotten with all the good food they cook. Hard to be in any sort of a diet. So happy to hear you are starting to see the results of your weight watchers program. I can just imagine the feeling of accomplishement.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your success! You are doing great. It's not easy but the payoff is so worth it. My most recent reward was magazine subscriptions. I usually consider them a waste of money but I really wanted some fitness/health/diet related ones. I ordered Cooking Light, Women's Health and one other one I can't remember now...Shape I think. I hear a lot of women do spa stuff (massages, manicures, etc), some do clothes/shoes. Some people buy the item and keep it in view but don't get to "have" it until they hit their goal.

Keep it up!!

Michelle

Football and Fried Rice said...

WAY TO GO!!! I think something to make you feel even "prettier" is always nice!! New shoes? New cute work out clothes? That's the kind of stuff I always think about. Definitely nothing food related!! Keep it up, girlie!!

Christie O. said...

Great job!!

I'm having lean steak with asparagus for dinner. Of course, I don't know what that is on the points scale (I'm doing more of a body for life type a thing). But that's on the "allowed" foods list for me. My reward for two pounds lost last week was an outfit. This week I only lost one, so I'm not getting me anything.

I split up my goals into two. 15 pounds initially by the time I have to run my 5K. But my official longterm goal is 35 pounds total, in time for a 10k in November. Whenever I book a run and pay for it, it makes me accountable. But in between, I reward myself in clothes. hee. :)

Of course, you can always come by my blog too and sign our weightloss linky to enter for this week's prize! :)

Lori said...

Way to go!

I don't know to much about the weight watchers program so I don't know what they would suggest you do for when you reach your goals.

I eat a bit more calories. : )

Anonymous said...

Since I'm still not feeling well, DH is bringing home rotiseeri chicken from Costco. Not my favorite thing to eat but at least I don't have to cook!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Congrats on doing such a great job with the weight loss!! You rock and are such an inspiration.
I haven't really rewarded myself for weight loss so I'm no help there.
For dinner I had a big salad. The guys had tuna salad sandwiches.
Keep up the great work and I hope the scale goes down significantly on Monday :)