Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Thursday, April 10, 2008

weight, loss,exercise and food

Thursday 13 posted below


Had my first bad eating day..Got up late for a meeting at work but brought a 3 point muffin with me and a big cup of water which I refilled almost hourly. For lunch I had a McDonalds Asian salad with grilled chicken and light dressing for an 8 point total and might I add was rockin awesome!
Came home and had 2 GS cookies (hey had plenty of points left, so I thought) and then 2 more and then 2 more making it a grand total of 6 cookies which I couldn't even find the box becase they were just in the plastic wrap making it quite difficult to find the points..I did and yuck! Those were soooo not worth it..
Trivia night. Had some chips and queso, actually had a lot of chips and queso. But for the actual dinner, I had the grilled chicken sandwich without the bread and steamed broccoli. One day isn't bad I guess.

This morning, I have already been to the gym and did an extra 5 minutes on the stair thing and had a WW bagel and cream cheese and will have a potato and veggies for lunch with some protein for dinner.
Actual this dieting thing could be a lot of fun. I just need to get some creativity.
Tymm, I bought that stuff from Trader Joes. Just gotta figure out what to cook with it. A lot of people had heard of it. Where have I been?
Anyway, if you have any dieting tips or favorite WW foods that are pretty decent in points, let me know!

12 comments:

Tymm said...

hey - do a Google search on "Quinoa Recipes" - I did it and it turned up a ton of different things to do.

Get creative. Have fun. Never beat yourself up over a bad day - we all have them. You did exactly what I would do - acknowledge it, hit the gym and work it off.

Rock on man - you're doing great with this thing.

Diana Swallow said...

A lot of people find good WW recipes on Roni's site http://greenlitebites.com/

I think one of the best things you can do for yourself is be prepared. When I followed WW I would calculate the points and then write them on the box or container with a sharpie so I knew right away what the point value.

I would also suggest keeping safe snacks in your desk drawer at work, easy to eat low point value just in case you get hungry in the afternoon like instant oatmeal, cans of no sugar added fruit, 100 calorie packs of popcorn. Or bring an afternoon snack from home so you aren't as hungry when you get home.

Another thing I've done is compile a list acceptable foods and their calories from local fast food and restaurants. When I go to these places I order from my approved list, I don't even look at the menu and get tempted. I know what my choices are and I stick with them.

TeaMouse said...

Well water which is bar none the best thing you can do - it of course flushes you of toxins and fat, but it keeps you feeling full during the day.

A great little item I have for breakfast this week is 2 slices of Ryvita MultiGrain crispbread, it is 90 calories for 2 slices and 4 g of fiber. I usually put low fat cream cheese and a bit of jam on it, but you can get as creative as you like and they satisfy the bread craving.

Replacing your white pasta with whole grain makes a huge difference and you can't tell any taste difference.

Bella's Mommy said...

Hi Amy,

I usually check your site everyday to see how you are doing. You are doing great with WW-and losing weight. I wish I could get motivated. They offer WW at the hospital where I work but I am still stuggling with paying for something I should be able to do myself. I guess I need to re-join the Peace Corps as that was the easiest I have ever lost weight primarily because my little remote village did not have potato chips. Keep up the good work

jenn said...

I have a lean cuisine for lunch everyday day. The ones I like are 7 or 8 points, but filling.

And don't beat yourself up over one day. Just be sure to be good today!

Laski said...

Amy! I just asked this question on Monday! And, I'm having a giveaway--please check it out, click
HERE

Young Creations said...

Hi Amy

I know that you like American Idol. Stop by our blog. We went to the taping this week.
Lauren

Jodie said...

Trader Joes has some whole wheat wraps that are 2 points each (better than using all your points on bread...and I tend to think wraps are more fun than bread. I also just tried the Trader Joe's Fat Free Caramel Popcorn. Now a 2 point serving is only 3/4 of a cup, but it's pretty darn good and I think I can limit myself to a serving at a time. Love your blog!

Cindy Swanson said...

Amy, it's been a while since I visited your blog! Best wishes on WW...it is WONDERFUL plan. Right now I'm pretty much on a diabetic diet because I found out several months ago that I have Type 2 diabetes. My eating plan would probably fit right in with WW, though. I'll try to drum up some of my WW recipes, which I still use to this day.

Paste this into your browser and go to this link for one of my all-time favorite WW recipes:

http://cindyswanslife.blogspot.com/2004/12/weight-watchers-graham-cracker-dessert.html

Laura L. said...

Hi. I'm glad to see you're blogging about WW and such. It's high time I got back on the WW wagon myself. I'll be checking back. Your blog is encouraging!

Christie O. said...

hi! hey, one bad day isn't bad. i get one bad day "allowed" a week (which will be tomorrow on my son's birthday.) the whole point is moderation anyway, so you're fine!! anyway, we're trying to stay motivated together, i'm holding a summer slimdown (with giveaways of course -- and there's one today) i'm having trouble staying motivated myself, so that's why i started this contest. i got a lot of post-baby-weight to lose, sister!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Um...you are making me hungry!