Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pray for my friends

If you remember last year, I talked about sweet Miss Catie. Today marks one year since she passed away. Please pray for Tre, Jenny and her family. Miss Izzy was born just a few days after her big sister passed away and I'm so glad they have her. its going to be a hard day for them. What a night that was last year. I was at work the night Catie died and experienced so many emotions as i visited with the family in ICU. It was a beautiful moment and so hard to explain. Catie will always be one of my favorite patients not only was she the coolest kid, but her family had a joy that was contagious. Catie loved Amy Grant and the Sound of Music. I was able to go to her funeral in Savannah a few days later and am so glad I did. It was a beautiful celebration and was truly a worship service. That sweet girl touched so many lives and continues to do so. I am so thankful I was working the night she was diagnosed on her 1st birthday. Patients and families such as this one make me a better nurse..



If you would like to visit the familys webste, check out www.midgetsandmoonpies.blogspot.com


PLEASE PRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well, I know today is Sunday, but I will remember this family in my prayers. I lost my dad just a little over a year ago, so in some way I understand. Although the loss of a child I am sure is far worse. And I praise God for their sweet little Izzy!

I hope you are having a great weekend Amy! How's the fluffiness going? I'm feeling very fluffy today and I haven't even eaten yet!

Ken said...

That's so sad. Catie sounds like a great girl. I'm so sorry she passed away. I will pray for your friends.