Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Friday, January 04, 2008

your thoughts

I found this article over at Transition Pete and Stevens blog and thought it was very thought provoking. Just wondering what you thought about it. I need to find the entire article which is in Relevant Magazine
This was written by Rob Bell

…there are around a billion people in the world who don’t have clean drinking water, and 46 million Americans don’t have health care. That means if they get sick, they don’t have anywhere to go. Half of the world, 3 billion people, live on less than two American dollars a day, so the world is an emergency. It’s on fire. It’s drowning. It’s an absolute crisis, and when followers of Jesus can think of nothing better to do with their time than to pick apart and shred to pieces the work of other followers of Jesus who are trying to do something about the world, that’s tragic, and I don’t owe those people anything. The world is desperately in need of people who will break themselves open and pour themselves out for the reconciliation of all things. When a Christian can find nothing better to do with their time in the face of this much pain and heartbreak, you start realizing that some Christians need to be saved. How a person would have energy to take shots at other Christians is just mid-boggling

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Radical Reformission - book by Rob Bell. Talk about thought provoking. :) Good stuff!

Unknown said...

Hi 5 powells! I know you!

Cowboy up!

Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the internet. You have a very, very interesting blog. great blog.

Susan said...

Our pastor shares some of Bell's stuff as well...it's good and thought provoking for certain.

:-) Susan

Valtool said...

I had the pleasure of hearing Rob speak at a conference here in Atlanta a few years ago and really enjoyed his message. It was at the Catalyst Conference, which is geared towards young and modern pastoral staff and church leaders. He taught about some old testament traditions involving prayer shaws and then talked about the unexpected growth and deelopment of his ministry (somewhere in the mid-west if I remember correctly).

Unknown said...

I want to read thought provoking things. Hope to read one of his books soon

Mercy's Maid said...

I enjoy Bell's writing. I've only ever read Velvet Elvis, but I will look for this book as well.

Unknown said...

I have heard of Velvet Elvis, I didnt know he wrote that