Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Sunday, January 13, 2008

weekend and things bullet style

Well, Mr Michael was at again, this time preparing a lovely dinner of corn, baked taters and marinated steak with mushrooms. It was definitely both tastely and delicious.

This morning I felt guilty. I love my church, I did not enjoy my time today. I know its okay, I am just being honest. I loved the sermon, our pastor spoke honestly and right from the scriptures regarding Ephesians 6 and the relationship between parents and children. My problem was the music. I love the words, I had a hard time hearing anything and it just got me frustrated. I think satan was trying to get me unfocused and apparently had a good time.

I have off tomorrow and then Michael and I share our bday on Tuesday.


Work was good this weekend. Friday was wonderful, my patients were cute as buttons and funny as anything. Then last night all heck broke loose and we had some very busy patients. But I love my job and bad days will come and go.

Michael is enjoying his new blog www.rockingthe80s.blogspot.com and is posting some videos daily along with some trivia. Head over there if you like that decade.

Lets see, I'm still doing my Bible Study at church each week and this week we are studying 1 Kings. We are having book club and the end of the month and the women's retreat in the mountains is March 6-8. I am thinking I really want to go even if I don't know anyone. I am hoping to get some of my Bible Study to go.

This week will also bring back our small group and we will be finishing our book Men are Like Waffles, Women are like spaghetti. Good book but I am ready to do something else. I also have added a lot of music to my IPOD and hope to get to the gym 3 times this week. I will keep you updated.

7 comments:

Tymm said...

Yes, Satan would have you right where he wants you if things like that take away from your experience at church.

A book that opened my eyes to that insight is C.S. Lewis' "Screwtape Letters" - check it out - it's pretty darn accurate about us as humans and how Satan uses those things against us.

Unknown said...

Yeah I hate feeling like that...

Thanks Tymm...I havent read a CS Lewis book out in a long time

Jeff said...

It is frustrating by the things that can "take you out of" being at church, i.e., you aren't comfortable or know you're not getting anything out of the visit. This morning I just couldn't get into what the pastor was preaching about, and my mind drifted for a good 20 minutes.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Happy almost Birthday to you and Michael! Hope you guys have a wonderful one this year :)

Hope you and your iPod make it to the gym - I need to be walking more. Good for you!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday you guys!!!

Rebecca said...

Men are like waffles? I've never head of it, but that sounds interesting and maybe funny?

Happy Monday!! :-)

Unknown said...

So, I did make it to the gym and had a lovely time..yes, tomorrow is the bday for both Michael and I!!

woohoo