Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Perseverance

I think I am going to post this on both of my blogs. I am involved in several adoption yahoo groups, including a few specifically with my agency. I get them sent in digests and a few with individual emails. Yesterday I think there over 75 emails sent to the groups and half of them were negative! I understand that these groups are for people to vent, express their fears and other feelings. These are such an encouragement to me and I am learning so much and meeting the neatest people!

I know this wait is long, and I know it could be longer. I am going to enjoy this wait and the time it takes God to prepare Michael and I to be the best parents to our daughter.

There may be a time when I do get down, but right now I am ready for the long wait !We are going to need prayer for family and friends and I hope that their enthusiasm for us continues.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I will be praying for everybody during this exciting time. And it is exciting, no matter how long it takes! I'm sure you will be seeing God's hand through this whole process. His timing is perfect. I know it can be hard when we want something so badly, but this baby girl will be worth it all!!!

DebD said...

I have a local homeschool friend who has been patiently awaiting adoption from China for almost a year. She always has such a positive, joyful attitude but I am sure there are days when she wants to shake her fist in the air.

Its good to have a "semi" private place in which to vent. But, even those types of places need someone like you who is so full of enthusiasm and love.

Blessings on your day and may your long wait be fruitful.