Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Monday, April 23, 2007

the weekend

Hope you all had a good weekend. This was my Fri/Sat weekend. It was pretty good. Saturday night, I went upstairs (the oncology floor) to visit a patient I took care of right after her brain tumor diagnosis. Abby is doing wonderful. She is almost done with treatment and has a smile that lights up the room. Abbys mom reminded me that I introduced her to Catie, a sweet girl who died in January. You may remember me talking about that. Catie and Abby have the same type of tumor. Abbys mom has a joy that can only come from God and we talked about that for a while.It was a good visit and I am glad I visited with them.

Got home Sunday morning and planned on visiting a new church. Didnt happen. I slept for a few hours and woke up and Michael and I watched a few things we had recorded over the week. After ordering some Chinese (they forgot the white rice and had to bring it back) we got through about half of Happy Feet which we are really liking. Michael and Peter watched Sopranos and I came down to watch Entourage.

This morning I emailed the court and got out of jury duty next week but they did reschedule me for June 25h. How nice of them!!

Whats coming up for the Christophers?
I have my first Atlanta Braves game May 2nd
The first Christopher blogging scavenger hunt starting May 1st!!!! details can be found
here
2nd Atlanta Braves game May 6th.
Jury Duty

We are waiting for an email this week confirming our paperwork has been logged into China..Hope to send out a happy post soon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dad had been called to jury duty probably 15 times in the past 20 years. He just got called again last month. It was a 2 week process of calling everynight to see if his number was picked ~ he lucked out this time and didn't get selected for a case. He's a college professor and it really cuts his class time when he has to do this. Hope yours won't be painful!!

my4kids said...

Hey Heather,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I had read about Catie. In another blog awhile back and had been following her through caringbridge for a few months before she passed.