Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Your Questions answered

1. I met my husband online 6 years ago in a Christian chat room. We met month later, and were engaged 8 weeks after that. We were married one year after that October 6th, 2001

2.Craziest thing at Union? My roomie and I stole a sign from a park and ran..We were not rebels. I never drank at Union except one time Karla B tried to get me to have a wine cooler. I puked. When the Internet came out out, I started talking to a guy named Brian, from Clemson. We talked almost 3 years before meeting..We met..He didn't like me. A year later he changed his mind and was not a nice boy.

3.If I am sick, I do prefer to sleep on the couch so my dog can be with me and the TV is on

4.Our adoption- our baby will be between 7-11 months old. Will I regret the time we miss with her? yes. We will miss a lot of bonding time with her and expect a challenge. I gladly accept the challenge and look forward to getting to know here. Its just the way she is..

5. What movie do I watch over and over? My laundry movie is How to Lose a guy in 10 days. there is also the notebook and Shag (my union movie).. I will have to get back to you on the Bible verse.


I am sitting here watching October Road (the new show) and listening to Lucy the Basset hound snore.

Church today was peaceful. I can not describe it. From the palms they gave out to the music that was played, I was very calm today I enjoyed the pastors words and he reminded us to Be Still and Know God. that is such a hard thing to do sometimes..I wonder why. He is our creator and deserves so much more time than what i give Him..

That's it..I'm off to tally the results..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear about your adoptions. Has it been that long since I read your blog??? I am really excited - congratulations

Amy said...

Amy, after I posted my question it didn't sound quite right to me. I didn't mean to sound negative if I did. I apologize if you thought I did. The only trouble I find with blogging is that people can't hear our tone of voice and may interpret it differently than what was intended.

I've never posted about our adoption story, but we actually had to choose between two infants and a family of three. We felt God's leading and we accepted His call of the three kids. Naturally, we as adoptive parents will miss the time we don't have with our children, but I am so thankful for my kids. We really are a perfect match! The kids do ask me if I wish I would have had a baby of my own and I always tell them I wish I had them as babies. Like I said before I can't imagine my life any differently and wouldn't want to either.

You'll know exactly what I mean soon! And by the way, at church tonight I'm going to ask people about fund raising and see if I can't get any new ideas!

Karen said...

LOL, Karla B... I haven't seen her since my cousins Valerie's wedding in Milan. That was about 1999ish?

Do you remember the year the wall at the end of your row of dorms came crashing down at around, oh let's say 1:02am? I still have a brick from that wall...found it today:-)

I to like the show October Road. I have the latest 2 epsiodes Tivo'd. I have played the first about 3 times, but with not feeling well, I really have no idea what happened. I am going to try and watch it tomorrow:)

Glad you are feeling better!

TeaMouse said...

Glad you are feeling better.

How to Lose a guy in 10 days is a great movie!

Happy Palm Sunday!

Cyndi said...

i like october road, except its set in mass. and a pro red sox show.I try to not let the guy wth the boston hat destract me.haha. but I like the show alot.
that is so sweet about you and michael,whenyou know.You know. ya'll are so good togther i can absoultey tell your meant for each other.