Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Monday, April 30, 2007

that nastiest word in the world.

Lets just get this out in the open. For those who have ever read my blog. you know I prefer the term "Fluffy" over the other chubby words. Today is first time in a long time I have felt fat. Yes, I said it FAT. As in F A T! You know, not skinny, not chubby and not morbidly obese (every drs favorite) but fat! Ugh. Perhaps this is what I need to feel before I get off my Tushy (its capitalized for a reason) and do something about it. I can do it..Lost over 50 pounds in college by dieting, a little pill and going to the YMCA every morning with neighbor Sara! Why do I use marriage as an excuse for my weight? Frustrated. Just to let everyone know. If you have fluffy friends or family, I bet you they already know they are fluffy. I am just saying.

Do you remember in elementary school when you liked to make fun of yourself before other made fun of you? I am now very open about my fluffiness. I hoped it would hold me accountable. Not so much. Michael and I both want to be healthier before we go to China. I really hope we can do this.
This was my vent. I do know want to hide those dirty words. Fat sucks.. It really does. Its not your fault. its mine. Its time to do something (AGAIN!!) Michael and I joined a China adoption weight loss blog so we will see.

Had to get this out of the way before the scavenger hunt starts in hopefully 8 hours. I should be exhausted but I went to sleeping thinking about the word. I hate the word. I do.

Next time, you will learn the words to 3 Fatties in the Back written and performed by me while in Mexico a year ago. It uhm involves uhm 3 not so skinny people in the back of a small car. Get it? It was funny then..
I am done with this subject for now.

Later

9 comments:

Jose said...

Thanks for reminding me, looking forward to it.

Debi said...

I understand, sweetie. Truly I do.

DebD said...

I understand completely. Yesterday was a day I had to face that I have gained back almost all the weight I lost 5 years ago. I told hubby I need his help and support if I'm going to get it off again.

I will put you on my prayer list for this as I know it can't be done alone.

Mercy's Maid said...

*Hugs* My weight has really started...um...blossoming (?) in the past year or two. It's frustrating to wake up and look in the mirror one day and think, "Whoa! What happened here?"

Best of luck to you as you take steps to un-fluffy. :) I've been going to the gym since January and I'm finally starting to tell a difference in my muscle tone. Once you start seeing results, that will help.

Joyful Days said...

I am trying to work on my "fluffiness" but life keeps getting in my way!!

I so get about making fun of yourself before others do (or don't, but think something).

(())

Julie

Anonymous said...

I have gotten too fluffy for my summer clothes this past winter. Stupid clothes. Don't they know it's their job to get fluffier as needed? :(

Special K said...

I wish you were closer so we could exercise together and encourage each other.

(((Amy))) Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

:-( It feels so terrible when you don't feel comfortable in your own skin. It's such hard work, too, as if we need something *else* to do! Different things work for different people, but I've found that logging my food and activity has really helped me. Lost 30 pounds in med school. Then gained back 15 in residency when I was too "busy" to log my calories. Now I'm back to recording them and it's working again. Keeps me honest, ya know? I go here: www.calorie-count.com Free is good! I'm pulling for you!!!!

mdmcginn said...

Seriously, that's a good thing. I think I just heard that China is turning down some "fluffy" people for adoptions. Listen to CBS News at http://scatteredbroadcast.blogspot.com/search/label/this%20journalist to see if I'm right.