Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Friday, March 02, 2007

Etc

Dont forget hubbys Friday Flashback over at Valtools Box. He has some great old school videos posted!

Michael and I have been looking for a new church. We went last Sunday to a traditional Presbyterian Church. We enjoyed it and the people were very nice to us! I was telling a coworker about it and she said watch out, they are judgemental and not so nice.

Why are churches judgemental? Why do people find them hypocritical?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what you mean about churches being judgemental. Like on certain issues? It usually stems from something they have said is immoral. And these days, if someone says something is right or wrong, they get labeled with being judgemental. But when you look at religion in general, it's all about that... telling us what is right and what is wrong for the health of our soul.

I'll pray for you in your search for a new spiritual home. :-)

Southern Girl said...

I don't know that entire churches are judgemental or hypocritical -- certainly some members are. But you won't find a church anywhere that doesn't have its share of hypocritics. Why? Because churches are full of imperfect human beings. Most, hopefully, saved by grace, but even so still human.

When running up against a hypocritic in the church, it's a MUST for me to remember, no one can live a perfect, sinless life but Jesus Christ and it's HIM my eyes are supposed to be on, not fellow church members. Human beings will always let me down at some time or other, but he never will. It's his example I try to follow.

I hope you're able to find a church that preaches Jesus above all else. :)

debijeanm said...

How funny! Sounds like someone was passing judgement claiming a church was judgemental.

I was just thinking about this today. I don't belong to a church, but sometimes I wish I did because - in my naivete - it seems that they should be communities built on love, understanding and brotherhood. And yet, more and more, we hear of them being divisive rather than inclusive. Still, it's be very unfair to label any group of people because of the actions of one or even a few members. If you think the people you met were nice, go for it.