Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Monday, March 19, 2007

This weekend

With Michael being sick, we had a nice time together since he could not work due to the strep throat thing! Saturday we did a run to Sams, followed by a fundraiser Spaghetti dinner. After staying up and watching sometime I do not remember we went to bed. Sunday, we woke up to continue on our church hunt. I decided to go to St.Andrews United Methodist Church and as we pulled up at 10:55, we realized we were late..But, I remember another church down the road started at 11:15. So, we returned to visit Heritage Presbyterian to church which we visited a few weeks ago. It all worked out well, as once again we enjoyed the service. They showed a film about their youth camp which had some technical difficulties but we got the message. This church is small but has a lot going on. Check the website out!

After church, I ran to Walmart to get some fabric for my quilt swap. Details on that later!

Dinner was steak and taters, done by my Michael. We watched Talladega Nights in the afternoon followed by the first half of Gone with the Wind! I am really enjoying it. I have never seen it but assumed Miss Scarlet was a sweet Southern chick. I was wrong..

I will let know you know what I think at the end.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I hope Michael is feeling lots better! Michael by the way had always been my very favorite name! I have never seen Gone With The Wind either. Let us know if it is worth watching!

I am thankful that even though I adopted my son at 3 years old his middle name is Michael!!

TeaMouse said...

What a lucky lady you are, there is nothing like an afternoon with DH and him cooking a nice dinner is extra nice!

Debi said...

I just watched Gone With the Wind for the first time a few months ago. I didn't think I'd like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. Hope you enjoy it!

More thankfulness...a Monday morning that went smoothly.

Cyndi said...

gone with the wind is my favorite movie ever! I love the strength of Scarlett and the compassion of Melanie.

Michelle said...

sorry to hear he's still sick, but glad you were able to spend some time together!

gail@more than a song said...

Ooh, you quilt? I wanna hear about that, I so wish I knew how to.
And wait a minute, you live in Georgia but have never watched Gone with the Wind? That's not American I don't think! Or southern!
Great movie, hope you enjoy it.

Today I'm thankful I didn't break any bones while skiing!

Unknown said...

I have to learn to quilt..More on that later..i dont do anything domestic

Karen said...

Gone With the Wind ROCKS!!!

I also want to learn to quilt, let me know if you find a source to learn. I have bought a few books to try and teach myself, but it didn't turn out well. At. All.

I am thankful for my niece. Today is her 4th birthday. I left her present with my mom when we were last in TN, a Tinkerbell skirt and matching skirt and a Bratz doll...its very different to buy for girls when you have 3 boys!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like a good weekend. I hope Michael's strep is better and he'll be as good as new soon.

LOL at the Scarlett comment. Scarlett is a great character, but she ain't no sweet chick! :)

Kelly said...

ok.. it wasn't just me, it was our sheltered childhood.. I have never seen gone with the wind either.. My assumption about the sweet southern girl was the same as yours.. Glad you liked the church...