Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things about Amy

13 I am looking forward to after getting back from China!

1Buying girly clothes (i cant wait to start that)
2.going to music class and other infant classes
3.planning our first trip to Disney World
4.Our first Christmas
5.Kid shows-
6.Planning family vacations
7.seeing things through a kids eyes
8.leaving her alone with Michael
9.introducing her to our family
10.going to church as a family
11.celebrating her birthday and Gotcha Day!
12.family pictures
13.getting involved in her school!

As you may have read our adoption blog is at
The Christopher Family. We are looking for ideas for fund
raisers to help with the cost of the flight. If you have any ideas,
please let us know!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!












33 comments:

Karen said...

What a great list!

I am thankful for my new glasses...I can see!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new addition! I have two friends who just adopted, one from China, one from Vietnam. :)

Selena

Jill said...

Good luck!!! Children are great!!
You'll have to keep us up to news, the first time Micheal will have to take care of her all by himself!!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I have a bunch of friends who've done the China adoption thing. One family brought all three of their girls here from China. What wonderful, special (smart!!) girls; your daughter will be the same, I'm sure.

Happy TT!

Raggedy said...

Congratulations again! You have so much to look forward to!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

TeaMouse said...

Sounds like a lot of fun 'family' stuff - great memories on the way.

Janet said...

Congrats on your new addition!

EHT said...

Fundraiser? Your in the Atl. area....what else? Krispy Kreme doughtnuts. What street corner are you going to be on? I'll be there.

Children are exhausting, infuriating, and amazing all at the same time.

Jenny McB said...

Amy- your list was hard to read on the blog b/c of the colors in safari and firefox. I was able to read the list in the comment section.

These are all great things to look forward to! Hope the adoption process continues going well for you.

Denise Patrick said...

Good luck on the adoption!!

Barbara said...

I know it's going to be exciting to get your new baby home! And, it looks like you are going to be busy shopping and visiting, and letting everyone get to know the little one.

Check out my TT

Unknown said...

good luck on your journeys. Wish you the very best.

Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

here are a few more... the first time you feed her...
the 1st time you bathe her... the first time she sleeps in her own little bed in her own little room.... believe me there will be lots of precious memories... all the best...

Debi said...

Ahhh...now that is one sweet list!

Joy Renee said...

i'm so excited for you that THE day is getting closer. if there is one thing that could compete with books for my affection and win it would be babies

meanwhile, i'm still obsession on our communities upcoming library closure:
my #26 is 13 of the items vying for my attention in the last nine days before our library’s doors close indefinitly. 4 NF books, 4 novels and 4 DVDS plus #13 which is a bit of a cheat. I can only hope to complete two novels, help me decide which one to commit to

http://joystory.blogspot.com/2007/03/thursday-thirteen-26.html

Amy said...

Oh Amy, I know exactly what you are feeling!! As soon as I found out we were having girls I went on a shopping spree and two weeks after they moved in we went on our first family vacation to Disneyland! Words cannot describe the excitement! I am SO happy for your family!

I am thankful that we just celebrated our 15th Gotcha Day on March 14th!

Sparky Duck said...

what a great list indeed. Though on the list should be sharing pictures!

um, gotcha day?

DebD said...

Amy, What wonderful things to look forward to. I am sure you're going to be such a wonderful, loving mom.

I have a fellow homeschooling blogging friend who lives in China. She takes tons of fun and interesting photos of China. I think you would enjoy her blog...

One Child Policy

Chelle said...

I'm so excited for you and your family!

Erin Faye said...

Congradulations. I am so excited for you!

Unknown said...

Well, congrats on your new addition. Hubby & I are talking about adoption right now, too. Good luck with raising money!

My TT is up.

Missy said...

What is Gotcha Day? That sounds like fun!

Shelly Kneupper Tucker said...

You are going to have so much fun! Can't wait until you tell us all about her. Seeing things through a child's eye...that's the best way to see the world.

JAM said...

Congratulations! God bless the new family.

Christina (BookTasty) said...

What a fun list! BTW, I think I'd be perfectly happy watching Dawson's Creek or Golden Girls forever...yeah thats it!

Melessa Gregg said...

Those are some good things to look forward to...I will be reading along anxiously for updates with everyone else here.

Jackie said...

Great list!!!

Congrats on the adoption! :)

Jackie

gail@more than a song said...

Aww, that is so sweet!
I bet the waiting is hard.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

More to add to your list:

Dancing with her in your arms and on your feet and watching her dance in Michael's arms and on his feet!

I'm getting excited for y'all writing this!

Unknown said...

Gotcha Day is the day you become a forever family. Its the day you physically get your baby

Books, hooks, needles, and my weightloss journey said...

Thanks for visiting my Thursday Thirteen and for commenting!

Marilyn said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful experience you have to look forward to. I'm always amazed when I hold a baby that Daughter was ever that small and helpless and that I was ever qualified to care for her.

alisonwonderland said...

Being a parent is the hardest but the most rewarding thing you will ever do. I am so excited for you!

Happy TT! Thanks for stopping by!