Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Friday, March 16, 2007

Saturday Photo Hunt


Theme- Drink




Can anyone guess what this is? Well, its the most consumed drink in our home. Chik Fil A unsweet tea. I guess I should have included some Sweet n Low with it, but I didn't.

Last reminder of the contest going on over here. I am giving away some items. I am giving away a lot of my favorite Christian Fiction books. I am naming them, but will at the end which is April 1st. If you already have it, you get my second favorite. If you do not read Christian Fiction, then you win a cool prize from the gift shop where I work.

All you have to do is post..Post a comment on each post I write, including the questions of the day.
1.You get a point for referring someone here..They must state that you referred them. So far no one has done that..We have well over 30 players playing now, don't you want to join?
2. You get a point for every comment you post here..Hubby will help me do that at the end, he just doesn't know it yet. This includes posting on the comment of the day. When you post on the comment or question of the day, please let us know what you are thankful for at that moment. Sometime we need reminders to be thankful of the little things!
3. I give away extra points. Right now, you get an extra point for posting at hubbys Friday Flashback which can be found here.
4. I also post a Blog of the Day. You get a point for posting at that one as well!

How easy can this get? Not only will the 2 highest point players get a prize, but I am randomly going to pick a few people to win extra books. Each post gets you a chance of winning.. There is still time to start and yes you can go back and post on comments as long as they are not before the contest started!

Email me at amychristopher@comcast.net if you have any questions! This has been fun..Winner will be announced April 2nd, 2007.

Amy

34 comments:

Valtool said...

I love my wife.

-tnchick- said...

I must have sweet tea - I make it all the time. It's delish! =)

maiylah said...

looks like you can't seem to get enough of it! must be delicious! :)
hmmmm ... interesting contest!

enjoy the weekend, and many thanks for dropping by!

Girlie said...

I am more of the hot tea person myself...which can be a problem when summer hits Texas.

Anonymous said...

Is it just chilled tea?

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Good Photo from the home state of Chick-fil-a :)

Happy St. Pat's Day!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Since the bottle is almost empty, you clearly enjoy it! Sounds like an interesting drink.

Anonymous said...

I've never had tea from Chick-fil-a! I'll have to try it!

Valtool said...

Yes Gil, it is chilled tea, essentially brewed in larger quantities than pouring your cup of hot water with a tea bag. Privately there are home-use iced tea makers that brew the tea into a pitcher filled with ice to dilute and chill at the same time. You can also make it at home on the stove by boiling several quarts of water and then adding multiple tea bags to steep. In the restaurant industry in the states we use a machine that brews a 3 gallon batch diluting with cold water as the hot tea steeps and drains like in a coffee maker. In the South (basically below Virginia) they sell about 80% of it as sweet tea, adding sugar to taste while it is still hot so it disolves and mixes. You'll find if you go to the North or Midwest US and ask for sweet tea you'll usually get a glass of unsweetened tea and sugar on the side which DOES NOT WORK because the tea is already cool and the sugar will just sink to the bottom of the glass!

Lauren, be prepared, if you try the sweet tea it is VERY sweet, and you'll get hooked!

Heart of Rachel said...

That's a big empty bottle. Your family must love that drink.

Thanks for sharing. Happy weekend!

gail@more than a song said...

Just cruised over from Judi's,she said to say she sent me here! So point for her maybe?
Fun contest, guess I'll go check some other posts out!

Sue said...

Great drink photo. I love iced tea too!

Happy Saturday!

BlueBugg said...

that's a BIG empty bottle :) You must love your sweet tea!

gail@more than a song said...

oops, thankful for spring break and good skiing weather!

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh, we don't have a Chik-Fil-A anywhere close, but I love their tea (and their sandwiches!)
I did Green Tea for today's DRINK theme!
cheers,
Morgen
It’s A Blog Eat Blog World

Anonymous said...

unsweeted is good, really! but easier said than done for me .i like my tea with cream ..mmmmm

TeaMouse said...

You can enter me
mrs_tea_mouse@hotmail.com

Annie said...

One of my friends drives like 30 miles to get that iced tea!
I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but sign me up! :)
blessings~
Annie

Claire said...

Whoops i thought it was a rather large urine sample bottle!lol!
We don't have Sweet Tea much over here.

srp said...

I would think they would have theirs sweet, as they are mostly a Southern chain. Love their chicken and waffle fries.. my favorite sweet tea is at Red Lobster.

bonggamom said...

I'm from the Philippines where all the iced tea is sweetened as a matter of course. When I first came to the US, I took a big swig of my first glass of iced tea and nearly spat it out!

Jose said...

Yeah, moonshine my favorite drink too. Just kidin' I love ice tea, my favorite drink during the hot summer.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Oh, I love their sweet tea!

And today, I'll be thankful for that sweet tea!

TeaMouse said...

I know here in Canada we completely do the Sweet Tea thing completley wrong. DH used to be a waiter and when they would get bus tours in looking for this item, they always did it wrong.

One day I will have to try it.

I used to make my own iced tea where I brewed the tea bags, added sugar and then let it chill - everyone loved it. Is that the same thing

Otherwise in Canada we drink Iced Tea which I think is completely different.

Faith said...

Great pick for the theme!

That reminds me of when my mom used to make sun tea back when I was a kid.

Now I want some, can't wait for summer to come so I can make some sun tea. :)

Karen said...

I might be the only person from the south that doesn't like tea, of any sort. I prefer water, no lemon.

That reminds me that I am thankful for my refrigerator with filtered water/crushed ice in the door. Tasty...and time for a refill:-)

P.S. I will be visiting Teamouse; lol.

SJINCO said...

Sweet tea is the best! But I'm a southern girl, it was just a staple in our diet growing up. Great idea for this weeks theme, thanks for stopping by my blog!

Have a great weekend....and yes! I'm still excited about my bobcat experience :)

Jenny said...

I love tea...syrupy sweet tea from Poor Richard's Deli. I haven't had the Chick's yet..I'll have to try it. When my husband and I were dating, he would bring me sweet tea instead of flowers! lol!!

Joyful Days said...

Love tea. I've always just made it myself. We don't have Chik-fil-a here.

Grateful for healthy boys.

Your contest has been fun. Thanks for the "blog of the day" award. I linked back to here on my Grains of Gratitude post.

This week has been nuts so I am behind on my bloggy reading.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Well, I'm Southern, so I love sweet tea. I don't make it much anymore, but love to order it out. The best place around here is called McAlister's Deli, they have the sweetest tea.

Now, inquiring minds really want to know -do you actually go to Chick-Fil-A to buy tea, or do you get it somewhere else, like the grocery? I've never seen it packaged under their brandname.

Great shot too :)

Unknown said...

hubby works for Chik Fil and brings it home

Crystal said...

I loove tea, hold the sweet 'n low, please. :)

DebD said...

This sounds like fun!

Julie over at Joyful Days recommended you to me.

Amy said...

I've never been to a Chik Fil A before. I must try it someday. Plus I hear they are a christian company and aren't open on Sundays. How cool is that?

I am thankful for companies like these and Hobby Lobby that respect the Sabbath.