Amy . . .

What would you like to know? I am fun, but crazy. I have a most perfect husband, and 2 cats named Samson and Delilah. We are presently working on adopting a little girl from China and have a separate blog for that. I am a Christian and am working on a better relationship with him. I live in the Atlanta area and love sharing stories with people. I am also a pediatric nurse and I love it! I love to talk and meet new people and I love Disney Cruising

Monday, March 05, 2007

Guilt

It does not take long for me to feel guilty, about anything. If I call in to work, I am mentally miserable. This was especially true Sunday. Sunday morning we got up and decided on a church to visit. I am desperate to find a home church before we get back from China and I want to be involved. It started at 11am. We walked in at 11:02 and missed the announcements but nothing else really. It was packed and we quickly found a seat. When its the crowded and we are not that early, I am mentally gone (see 2 posts below). My heart is racing and paranoia sets in. Plus another thing was it was Communion Sunday. Guys and gals, my heart was not in it. Satan won. I sooo wanted to enjoy the service and meet new people, but it did not happen..

Will we ever find a church we both love?

any answers would be greatly appreciated

and just to clarify my post below, I am thrilled for Valfrey. Who is Valfrey? Well, its Jeff and Val. DUring their courtship, a family member gave them the name since there was Benifer and Brangelina... I think its cute. They have been married 4 months and their marital journey continues. I am sad that we didnt get much time to hang out with them but it will be awesome to hear what God is doing in their family. Rock on Jeff and Val!

4 comments:

Much Ado said...

Hope you are able to find a church soon that you can call your home.

Joyful Days said...

Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...

That is the first thing that popped in my mind, Amy. Don't beat yourself up, don't allow guilt to win, don't listen to those whispers that something is not right.

We have been out of church for a long time (just back to looking again) but I know God is as near as my breath. He will put you in the right church home. Believing it with you and for you.

Be blessed!

katherine. said...

I HATE CHURCH SHOPPING! I've only had to do it a couple times but still....no fun...totally yucky.

Although God has always blessed us at the end of the task.

Don't let it be a guilt thing...just keep looking. Chat it up with your friends...or co-workers...maybe you could get a good lead.

But I gotta tell you....any place that only has two minutes of announcements is worth giving a second try! (laughing)

Jeff said...

Aw, Amy, don't make me feel bad about leaving y'all in Atlanta! We'll miss y'all, for sure!